Homemade facial masks are super easy and simple as you can find most of these masks’ ingredients hidden in your kitchen cupboard or fridge.
All you have to do is to choose the right ingredients, mix them together and apply it to your face. By trying different homemade facial masks, you will be an expert and know what’s best for your skin.
Keep in mind to test any face mask on a small part of your skin first to make sure that you are not allergic to any ingredient of the recipe.
I brought to you today six different homemade facial masks that you can try and choose which one suits your skin the most.
1- Avocado and Vitamin E Oil Homemade Facial Mask
- Avocados are rich in fatty acids that are beneficial to your skin. Also, they contain vitamins like C, E, K, and B-6. So avocado nourishes and moisturizes your face. It also keeps your skin healthy.
- Vitamin E Oil reduces the appearance of scars and diminishes marks. Also, it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin E oil can reduce irritation and soothe the skin.
This Homemade face mask is extremely great if you have dry skin as it’s going to soften and hydrate your skin.
2- Oats, Warm Water,
And Coconut Oil Mask
- Oats soften and moisturize your skin because Oats are rich in proteins and lipids. Also, oats reduce itching and inflammation. Oats have antioxidant properties that can reduce skin damage.
- Coconut Oil is an excellent moisturizer and cleanser. It contains vitamin E and amino acids that can repair your skin. Coconut oil prevents acne because of its antibacterial and antifungal properties. You can use coconut oil as a natural makeup remover.
This homemade facial mask recipe is recommended for you If you have acne. It can help you get rid of acne fast.
3- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, And Honey Mask
- Cinnamon prevents acne because of its antibacterial properties. Cinnamon can also dry out pimples and improve skin complexion. It can clean your face and remove dead skin cells.
- Nutmeg has anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce pimples. It also has the ability to heal scars caused by acne.
- Honey soothes your skin and fights acne
dueto its antimicrobial properties. Honey adds glow to your skin. And it has antioxidant properties that can slow down aging.
This mask is great for clearing breakouts and fighting acne. This facial mask isn’t recommended for sensitive skin as cinnamon can irritate your skin.
4- Egg White Mask
Egg white shrinks and tightens pores. It also tones the skin. Egg white has the ability to tighten the skin which may help reduce wrinkles.
Also, it removes dead cells and excess oil from the skin. This face mask helps you get rid of puffiness under the eyes. And it repairs your skin.
- Add the juice of half of a lemon to the mask if you have oily skin.
- for combination skin add one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of lemon juice to the mask.
5- Turmeric, Yogurt, Rice Flour, Honey, And Coconut Oil Mask
- Turmeric reduces scars due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric contains antioxidants that protect the skin from damage. It also has antibacterial properties that fight acne.
- Rice Flour smooths your skin. It’s good for oily skin and acne-prone skin due to its oil-absorbing properties. It can also prevent your skin from sun damage. Rice flour soothes sunburns due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Yogurt ( for oily skin ) prevents free radicals from damaging the skin. And it has anti-aging properties that reduce fine lines and smooth wrinkles if you use it regularly.
- Coconut Oil, Olive Oil Or Almond Oil instead of yogurt if you have dry skin to moisturize and nourish your skin.
- Honey softens your skin and fights acne. It’s full of antioxidants that can smooth wrinkles. And it can help unclog pores and keep your skin clean.
Use toner and makeup remover to get the yellow stain off your face.
6- Cocoa, Banana, And Honey Facial Mask
- One banana.
- One tablespoon of honey.
- One tablespoon of cocoa powder.
Mash the banana well in a small bowl then add the honey and cocoa to it. Mix the ingredients well then apply it to your face. Wash your face before applying the mask. Leave for it for about 20 minutes then wash off your face with warm water.
- Banana can moisturize dry skin and make it supple. It’s rich in potassium, zinc, and vitamins like A, B, C, and E. So banana can heal scars and treat acne. It also protects the skin from UV damage. Banana fights free radicals damage and promotes the production of collagen. It also reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Honey has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce itching and soothe the skin. It also has antibacterial properties that can fight acne. Honey keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized. It also reduces scarring and heals skin fast.
- Cocoa is packed with iron, zinc, magnesium, and copper. It’s also rich in vitamins like A, K, and B12. So it can moisturize your skin and heal scars. Cocoa contains caffeine that helps keep the skin healthy and renew skin cells. It’s also full of antioxidants that protect skin from sun damage. And It reduces the appearance of wrinkles and softens your skin.
These homemade facial masks are super simple and affordable. They can help improve your skin health. Also, you’re not going to spend too much time preparing the mask.
It’s recommended to apply the mask regularly about 2-3 times a week to add glow to your skin. And to keep it hydrated.