The best makeup removers for sensitive skin are what make your skin feels fresh and clean with no irritation or burning.
Using a makeup remover or makeup remover wipes is an essential step of any successful skincare routine.
It works on removing all impurities from the skin while leaving it nourished and dewy.
For sensitive skin, it may need extra time to pick the right makeup remover for sensitive skin that will not cause any irritating signs.
I know the struggle cause my skin is super sensitive and I have Rosacea too, I have to be careful before using any skincare product.
So I brought to you a list of the best makeup removers for sensitive skin, how to choose the best one, whether they are good for your skin, and how to use them.
Table of Contents
How Do You Remove Makeup With Very Sensitive Skin?
The double cleansing method is the best way that dermatologists recommend to remove every last bit of makeup effectively.
You should start with a gentle makeup remover that is formulated to suit sensitive skin then follow with your usual facial wash.
Try to be extra gentle on your skin, don’t rub it too harshly while wiping away makeup.
This helps keep your skin calm and fresh and prevents signs of sensitive skin like irritation or redness.
Best Makeup Removers For Sensitive Skin: Top 15 Picks:
1- Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water – Makeup Remover Cleanser
I wanna start the list with the Bioderma Sensibio H2O Makeup Removing Micelle Solution as it’s my favorite product of all time.
It’s the original micellar water that was created by Jean-Noel Therol, the founder of Bioderma Skincare Products.
I use it to remove makeup, dirt, and oil in no time. And I also use it to refresh my skin in the middle of the day or post-workout.
It’s a favorite product among dermatologists, professional makeup artists, and celebrities.
Plus, it’s a best-seller cleansing and makeup removing micellar water on Amazon with many positive reviews.
So we can say it’s the most gentle makeup remover that is highly recommended by almost anyone.
The Bioderma Micellar Water is formulated for sensitive skin to help you get rid of 99% of the face and eye makeup and 98% pollutant particles.
It contains purified water, glycerin, and mild surfactants.
The fatty acids ester micelles in micellar water pull dirt, oil, and other impurities off the skin without drying out your skin.
You can regard this micellar water as a facial wash, makeup remover, and moisturizer that can dissolve all traces of stubborn makeup and gunk while leaving behind a hydrating finish.
Also, it can be used to remove waterproof mascara without irritating your eyes.
Furthermore, the Bioderma Micellar Water is hypoallergenic, alcohol-free, fragrance-free, and oil-free.
This makes it also a great product for acne-prone skin as it will not clog your pores and will be super gentle on the skin.
Lastly, there’s no need to rinse after use and they have also makeup remover wipes for sensitive skin that you can use on the go. Check it out on Amazon.
- Gentle makeup removing micelle solution.
- Works as a cleanser, makeup remover, and moisturizer.
- Cleanse the skin and remove 99% of makeup and 98% of fine particles.
- Soothe the skin.
- Maintain a healthy pH level.
- Celebrities’ favorite.
- Remove eye makeup.
- safe on the eye area.
- Wipe away stubborn waterproof mascara.
- As a reviewer who used it for years each day, I don’t find any disadvantages of this product.
2- Estee Lauder Take It Away Makeup Remover Lotion
The Estee Lauder Take It Away Makeup Remover Lotion works like magic in removing all makeup even waterproof makeup gently and quickly.
It’s a water-based makeup remover that contains Aloe Vera, Cucumber, Squalane, and Jojoba oil.
Aloe Vera, cucumber, and squalane are known for their soothing properties as they help calm and nourish sensitive skin.
Aloe Vera can also help cleanse the face gently and jojoba oil dissolves waterproof makeup effectively with no need to rub your skin harshly.
Plus, This makeup remover lotion comes with a refreshing citrus scent to keep your skin feeling revitalized and cool.
It’s safe to use daily due to its unique water-based formula. And it’s suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
It Will not leave an oily or greasy residue after use. It will leave your skin feeling clean, soft, and hydrated.
The product is tested by dermatologists and ophthalmologists so you don’t need to worry about eye or skin irritation.
To use it, pump a little on a flat cotton pad and gently wipe away all impurities.
- Gentle makeup remover lotion.
- Water-based formula.
- Formulated with aloe vera, cucumber, squalane, and jojoba oil.
- Refresh and cleanse the skin in one swipe.
- Remove all makeup especially long-wear makeup and waterproof makeup.
- Keep the skin clean and smooth.
- No greasy residue.
- Has a refreshing citrus scent.
- Suit sensitive skin.
- Can be used daily.
- Free of harsh chemicals.
- Contain a scent that may irritate your skin.
3- Drunk Elephant Slaai Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser
This Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser comes with a unique formula, it’s infused with fruit extracts and oils.
It’s formulated with a refreshing blend of strawberry and kiwi extracts, Kalahari melon, Virgin marula oil, mongongo, glycerin, and Ximena oils.
Those ingredients help dissolve the most water-resistant makeup while leaving your skin clean and nourished.
This Makeup Removing Cleanser is rich in antioxidants that will benefit the skin and give it a dewy and youthful appearance.
Also, the cleanser includes a magnetic spoon which makes it easier to use.
And It comes with a bamboo booster with ultrafine bamboo spheres and charcoal powder to refine, exfoliate your skin and remove all dead skin cells.
The exfoliant comes separately so you can use it whenever you need it and customize your exfoliation.
You can just sprinkle the bamboo booster into The Slaai Cleanser 1-2 times a week to maintain a healthy complexion. Also, avoid the eye area while using the exfoliating booster.
The Slaai Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser contains only clean ingredients, its formula is free of drying alcohols, silicones, SLS, chemical screens, dyes, essential oils, or fragrance.
So it will not irritate, sting, or dry your skin, it’s formulated to suit dry skin, sensitive skin, and dry sensitive skin.
To use it, Apply with your fingertips to your face, massage the product over your face and eyes then add water to activate, it will turn into milk that can help your get rid of all impurities without drying your skin.
- Antioxidant-rich makeup-melting butter cleanser.
- Packed with clean ingredients, fruit extracts, and oils.
- Contain kiwi & strawberry extracts, marula oil, glycerin, Kalahari melon, Ximena oil, and mongongo.
- Melt away makeup, grime, and oils from the skin.
- Remove waterproof makeup.
- Keep the skin moisturized and soft.
- Come with a separate bamboo booster exfoliant.
- The cleanser has a magnetic spoon so you can use the cleanser easily.
- The exfoliant removes dead skin cells and leaves skin glowing and beautiful.
- Fragrance & dye-free.
- Chemical screen-free.
- Doesn’t contain essential oils.
- Pretty pricey.
4- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo Face Cleanser
The La Roche Posay Toleriane line is formulated with calming ingredients to suit sensitive skin.
It’s a creamy and milky facial cleanser that works as a great gentle makeup remover.
It can remove dirt, oil, and waterproof makeup from the face and eyes effortlessly while leaving your skin hydrated and fresh.
Its key ingredient is glycerin which is a natural ingredient derived from plants, it can hydrate and soften the skin and prevent skin dryness.
The La Roche Posay Toleriane contains also La Roche Posay Thermal Water that is rich in selenium, a natural antioxidant. It can soothe sensitive skin and maintain its health.
So it can lift away all impurities from the skin perfectly without stripping the skin of its oils or drying it out.
You may not need to double cleanse your face with this product as it acts as a cleanser and makeup remover.
Moreover, it’s allergy and dermatologist tested. And it doesn’t contain paraben, fragrance, and preservatives.
To use it, apply it to your face and massage in gentle motions then rinse with water or use a cotton pad. And you use it daily.
- Creamy gentle makeup remover.
- 2 in One product.
- Works as a cleanser and makeup remover.
- Formulated for sensitive skin.
- Contain glycerin and La Roche-Posay Thermal Water.
- Rich in antioxidants, Selenium.
- Help you get rid of waterproof makeup, oil, and dirt.
- Give the skin hydration and a soothing boost.
- Stop skin dryness.
- Free of harsh preservatives.
- Approved by L’Oreal Active Cosmetics Division 2020.
- If you don’t like milky creamy cleansers, avoid this product.
5- Cetaphil Gentle Waterproof Makeup Remover
The Cetaphil Gentle Waterproof Makeup Remover is packed with soothing ingredients to calm and condition your sensitive skin while you remove your makeup.
It contains aloe vera, green tea, and ginseng which are gentle ingredients that provide a calming cleansing experience without drying out your skin.
It will not also leave an oily or greasy residue on your skin after use.
The Cetaphil makeup remover doesn’t contain oil and fragrance and it’s non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic which makes it one of the best makeup removers for sensitive skin.
So it’s a product that can remove waterproof mascara and makeup from the skin gently while soothing and refreshing the skin.
Cetaphil skin-care products are developed and tested by dermatologists and it’s also an ophthalmologist-tested.
Lastly, The Cetaphil Makeup Remover is an Allure Best of Beauty Winner due to its capability to wipe away makeup without stinging or burning the under-eye area or blurring vision.
- Oil-free waterproof makeup remover.
- Formulated with aloe vera, ginseng, and green tea.
- Lift away long-wear makeup and waterproof eye and face makeup without drying or irritating the skin.
- Leave the skin smooth, fresh, and calm.
- Designed for sensitive skin.
- Will not cause breakouts.
- Leave the under-eye area clean and fresh.
- Non-irritating formula.
- It may take a bit more effort to remove all waterproof makeup.
6- Eau Thermale Avene XeraCalm A.D Lipid-Replenishing Cleansing Oil
The Eau Thermale Avene XeraCalm A.D Lipid-Replenishing Cleansing Oil is the best makeup remover for sensitive skin, dehydrated itchy skin, and eczema-prone skin.
It’s a gentle cleansing oil that contains Avene Thermal Spring Water, Cer-Omega, and I-Modulia.
The Avene Thermal Spring Water calms and softens the skin immediately after application.
I-Modulia is a powerful complex that is derived from Avene Thermal Spring Water. It can soothe feelings of irritation and itching effectively.
As for Cer-Omega, it’s extracted from evening primrose that is full of ceramides and omega-6 so it can support and strengthen the skin’s protective barrier.
So it helps cleanse the skin well while keeping a balanced pH level and locking in moisture.
Also, The cleansing oil maintains a natural microbiome, boosts the skin’s defense system, and protects the skin against harsh water.
The Eau Thermale Avene XeraCalm A.D Lipid-Replenishing Cleansing Oil has been clinically tested and proven to hydrate sensitive skin and allergy-prone skin.
You can use this product all over your body not just your face. And it’s safe for kids and infants.
Furthermore, it’s approved by the National Eczema Association due to its ability to nourish and soothe eczema-prone skin.
Lastly, It’s hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic, and it doesn’t contain fragrance, preservatives, steroids, or parabens.
- Replenishing makeup removing cleansing oil.
- Formulated especially for people with sensitive dry itchy skin, atopic dermatitis, and eczema.
- Contain Avene Thermal Spring Water, Cer-Omega, and I-Modulia.
- Maintain the skin’s natural microbiome.
- Balance the pH level.
- Soothe and smooth the skin.
- Prevent itch and drying.
- Restore the skin’s protective barrier.
- Protect against the hard water.
- Maintain a well-hydrated skin.
- Suitable for kids and infants.
- Mineral oil-free.
- Accepted by the NEA.
- Kinda expensive.
7- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
The Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser has become super trendy lately.
You must have come across one of many videos of models on YouTube or Instagram using this milky jelly-based cleanser to remove all their makeup effortlessly.
The milky jelly cleanser contains skin conditioning ingredients, allantoin, vitamin B5, rose water, Aquaxyl, glycerin, and panthenol.
Allantoin helps comfort and calm sensitive skin, and it keeps skin well-hydrated.
Rosewater has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties that can soothe irritation and redness and balance your skin’s pH level.
Glycerin is naturally found in our body, it attracts water to the skin which helps hydrate sensitive skin and stop dryness.
Vitamin B5 works as a moisturizer on the skin, reduces acne and blemishes, and relieves irritation.
Panthenol has anti-inflammatory properties that boost skin’s hydration and elasticity.
Aquaxyl strengthens the skin’s barrier, refills sensitive skin’s water reserves, and boosts hydration.
Also, this cleanser is soap-free, it’s formulated with poloxamer which is a mild cleanser that is used in contact lens solutions.
So this means It’s safe for your eyes and won’t sting or irritate your eyes while wiping away mascara.
The Milky Jelly Cleanser works along with those beneficial ingredients to remove makeup, dirt, excess oil, and other impurities while leaving your skin fresh, hydrated, and supple.
Moreover, it’s non-comedogenic, vegan, and not tested on animals.
This cleanser is an Allure best of beauty 2017, Plus, it’s an award-winning daily facial wash 2015.
- Milky jelly-based cleanser.
- Models’ favorite product.
- Great sensitive makeup remover.
- Contain panthenol, rose water, vitamin B5, aquaxyl, allantoin, and glycerin.
- Lift away all impurities without irritating sensitive skin.
- Relieve irritation and redness.
- Prevent dehydration.
- Keep the skin moisturized and nourished.
- Balance the skin’s pH.
- Increase skin hydration and draw water to your skin.
- Support the skin barrier.
- Contain mild cleanser that is safe for the eye and skin.
- Will not burn the eyes while removing makeup.
- Allure best of beauty 2017.
- 2015 Beauty Awards.
- Many reviewers who have sensitive skin highly recommend this product.
- It contains Isopropyl Myristate which is a little comedogenic ingredient that may affect you or not as each skin is different and it doesn’t react the same way.
- It doesn’t remove heavy or waterproof makeup completely.
- It contains a rosewater scent that may not be suitable for some people’s skin.
8- Algenist GENIUS Ultimate Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser
This is a special makeup-removing cleanser as it’s formulated with anti-aging ingredients to replenish skin health and boost hydration.
It’s a gentle gel-based cleanser that is enriched with Alguronic acid and Microalgae oil.
Alguronic acid is clinically shown that it can minimize the appearance of fine lines, boost skin firmness, and maintain healthy and smooth skin.
Microalgae oil can help smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, increase skin hydration, and improve your skin complexion.
Also, it turns into a milky emulsion that can pull makeup off the face effectively.
And it can remove all traces of long-wear makeup and waterproof mascara while leaving your skin nourished, fresh, and radiant.
The Algenist GENIUS Ultimate Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser is non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, vegan, and lightweight.
Another bonus, it can be used all over your body to moisturize and keep it soft.
It’s the best cleansing oil for sensitive skin, dull skin, and dry skin.
To use it, apply it over your face and massage your neck and face in circular motions, the gel will turn into a luxurious oil that can lift away long-wear makeup then when adding water, the oil will transform into a milky emulsion. Rinse with water to remove all impurities successfully without irritation.
- Anti-aging makeup removing cleanser.
- Contain Alguronic acid and Microalgae oil.
- Remove long-wear makeup and other impurities gently.
- Reduce fine lines.
- Smooth wrinkles.
- Even skin tone.
- Hydrate and nourish the skin.
- Firm the skin.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Clinically proven.
- Many reviewers mentioned that the cleanser is pretty pricey but worth every penny.
- Some reviewers don’t like its scent.
9- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Micellar Cleansing Water
The La Roche-Posay Effaclar Micellar Cleansing Water is recommended by dermatologists across the world.
And it’s suitable for super sensitive skin and oily blemish-prone skin as it’s free of soap, alcohol, oil, and paraben.
This micellar cleansing water is formulated with thermal water, glycerin, zinc, and poloxamer.
Thermal water can calm and comfort sensitive skin and reduce redness and irritation.
Poloxamer is a mild cleanser that is usually found in contact lens solutions which means it’s super safe and gentle on the skin and eyes.
As for glycerin, it works on increasing hydration and promoting a healthy skin appearance while zinc removes excess oil and gives your skin a clean and refreshing boost.
Also, the micellar water contains micelles that pull dirt, oil, and makeup off pores without rubbing or irritating the skin.
This product can be used as a makeup remover, cleansing water, or even toner. And it’s ophthalmologist-tested.
Lastly, the La Roche-Posay Micellar Water is proven to remove all impurities from the skin, even the unseen particles effortlessly.
To use it, apply the micellar water to a flat cotton pad and wipe away all gunk from your face, eyes, and lips gently. Repeat if necessary, and there’s no need to rinse after use.
- Hydrating gentle cleansing micellar water.
- One of the best makeup removers for sensitive skin due to its nourishing formula.
- Contain thermal water, glycerin, zinc, and poloxamer.
- For daily use.
- Gently lift away all impurities and leave pores clean and refined without harming or rubbing the skin.
- hydrate and soothe sensitive skin.
- Help get rid of excess oil.
- Prevent irritation and redness.
- Can be used as a toner.
- Suitable for sensitive eyes.
- Proven to pull unseen impurities off skin.
- Some reviewers said that this product has an unpleasant scent.
10- RMS Beauty The Ultimate Makeup Remover Wipes
This is one of the best makeup remover wipes for sensitive skin as it’s designed to cleanse the skin efficiently while nourishing and softening it.
The RMS Beauty The Ultimate Makeup Remover Wipes contain many beneficial ingredients like coconut oil and lauric/caprylic acid.
Coconut oil provides a perfect cleansing experience by melting makeup and dirt gently and quickly.
lauric/caprylic acid has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which make those wipes the healthiest option for sensitive skin.
They can cleanse, nourish, and refresh the skin, they won’t irritate or strip the skin of its natural moisture.
Also, you can use them near the delicate eye area to remove mascara and eyeshadow.
Moreover, coconut can help calm rashes and sunburns, and soothe post-shave skin.
They are suitable for babies and blemish-prone skin.
The RMS Beauty The Ultimate Makeup Remover Wipes are non-GMO, non-nano, cruelty-free, soy-free, and gluten-free. Plus, they are 100% eco-friendly.
To use them, Hold the packet between your hands for 20 seconds to warm it to guarantee an even distribution of the oil, then open the packet and gently wipe off all traces of makeup from your face and neck, and use both sides of the wipe.
Also, it’s best to follow with your cleanser to keep pores clear and leave the skin with no oily residue.
- Radiance-boosting makeup remover wipes.
- formulated with coconut oil to cleanse and hydrate the skin.
- Contain lauric/caprylic acid to get rid of bacteria and keep skin feeling clean and refined.
- Soothe sunburns and irritation.
- Calm the skin after shaving.
- Boost moisture and healthy appearance.
- Safe to use on the eye area.
- Suit infants and people with blemish-prone skin.
- Cotton wipes.
- Gluten & soy-free.
- Not budget-friendly.
- Some reviewers said that it leaves an oily layer on your face which could be not great for some people.
11- Neutrogena Oil-Free Liquid Eye Makeup Remover
If you don’t like using a makeup remover that contains oils, the Neutrogena Oil-Free Liquid Eye Makeup Remover is an excellent option for you.
It’s enriched with aloe and cucumber extracts to soothe and refresh sensitive skin without leaving an oily residue.
It’s the best eye makeup remover for sensitive skin that can lift away eye makeup without tugging or pulling.
This makeup remover contains a mild cleanser, and poloxamer to be safe for the eye area.
Although it’s a gentle eye makeup remover, it’s strong enough to erase waterproof mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow.
Also, this oil-free eye makeup remover can remove foundation and lipstick effectively.
The Neutrogena Oil-Free Liquid Eye Makeup Remover is developed by dermatologists and tested by ophthalmologists.
So it’s safe to use for contact lens wearers and people with sensitive skin and acne-prone skin as it will not clog your pores.
Its formula is lightweight, non-greasy, and non-irritating.
Cucumber and Aloe extracts leave the eye area and entire face nourished and calm, they replenish skin moisture and prevent irritation or burning.
According to Allure, the Neutrogena Oil-Free Liquid Eye Makeup Remover is one of the best makeup removers for sensitive eyes.
Shake well before use to activate it then apply with a cotton pad on closed eyelids, hold for 10 seconds to melt all eye makeup then rinse with warm water.
- Oil-free lightweight makeup remover.
- Contain cucumber and aloe extracts.
- Formulated with poloxamer which is a gentle and mild cleanser.
- Cleanse the sensitive eye area effortlessly without burning.
- Soothe the skin.
- Keep the skin hydrated and soft.
- Gentle on sensitive skin.
- Recommended by dermatologists.
- Safe for contact lens wearers.
- Suitable for acne-prone skin.
- May leave a slightly greasy residue.
12- Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm
This one is enriched with sunflower and ginger root oils to lift away the toughest long-wear makeup without irritation or stripping your skin.
It also contains moringa extracts and turmeric to remove other impurities like sunscreen residue and pollutants which leads to healthier and younger skin.
The Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm has another powerful ingredient, the papaya enzyme.
This ingredient exfoliates the skin and gives it a radiant and glowing look.
It’s one of the best makeup removers for sensitive skin as it’s formulated with natural ingredients to be gentle on the skin while cleansing it.
Furthermore, it doesn’t contain parabens, sulfates, artificial colors, synthetic fragrance, mineral oil, phthalate, and formaldehyde. And it’s cruelty-free.
They conducted a consumer test that showed:
- after two weeks of use, 85% of participants felt their skin texture was improved.
- After four weeks, 92% of them felt that their skin felt clean and refreshed and 91% of them felt makeup was removed sufficiently.
The Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm has a pleasant blend of lime, orange, and bergamot oils scent.
To use it, Take a scoop with the spatula included then apply it to your face and massage with your fingertips in circular motions. The balm will turn into oil when applied to the skin and a milky lather when adding water. Rinse with water and gently pat dry.
- Natural makeup remover/cleansing balm.
- Naturally derived ingredients.
- Packed with papaya enzyme, ginger root and sunflower oils, turmeric, and moringa extract.
- Cleanse long-wear makeup.
- Exfoliate the skin gently.
- Remove dirt, pollutants, and sunscreen.
- Makes skin appear younger, fresh, and dewy.
- Improve skin texture.
- Boost radiance.
- Synthetic fragrance-free.
- Mineral oil-free.
- Leaping Bunny certified.
- Made with cycled and recyclable materials.
- 100% waste-free packaging by 2022.
- It’s packaged in a jar which could cause hygiene problems.
- Contain citrus oils that could not be suitable for some people.
13- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
The DHC Deep Cleansing Oil works as a great makeup remover that can dissolve makeup, oil, sunscreen, and dirt while leaving your skin radiant, clean, and fresh.
This makeup remover is rich in antioxidants, Its key ingredients are rosemary leaf oil, olive fruit oil, and vitamin E.
Rosemary leaf oil is full of antioxidants that help soothe the skin and even skin tone. And it leaves a refreshing scent.
Olive fruit oil defends the skin against environmental factors that cause premature aging like free radicals. And It will not clog pores.
Just like olive oil, vitamin E protects the skin from free radical damage and premature aging.
So it can break down sebum, dust, stubborn waterproof mascara, eyeliner, and other skincare and makeup products effortlessly without blocking your pores.
This product is inspired by Japanese beauty traditions as they cleanse their face with an oil-based cleanser first then follow with a water-based cleanser to be sure all impurities are dissolved and skin is left clean and soft.
The DHC Cleansing Oil is vegan and free of artificial colors and fragrance.
Furthermore, it’s a good gentle makeup remover for sensitive skin and acne-prone skin due to its ability to melt everything off the skin without applying too much pressure or clogging pores, leaving skin prepared for the next cleansing step.
To use it, apply to dry face and massage to remove all impurities then rinse with warm water.
- Japanese oil-based makeup removing cleanser.
- Full of skin-defending antioxidants.
- Enriched with organic olive oil, rosemary leaf oil, and vitamin E.
- Lift away sunscreen, stubborn waterproof makeup, dirt, and sebum.
- Keep the skin clean and fresh.
- Reduce premature aging.
- Protect the skin against free radical damage.
- Even skin tone.
- calm the skin.
- Ideal for sensitive skin and acne-prone skin.
- Purify the skin.
- Will not block pores.
- Leaves zero residues.
- Inspired by the Japanese beauty traditions.
- Artificial colors-free.
- Some reviewers said that the cleansing oil can be messy but this is normal due to its oil-based formula. They also mentioned it doesn’t have a good smell.
- Some minor reviews said that it doesn’t remove all makeup.
14- ELEMIS Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm
The ELEMIS Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm is an oil-based cleanser that can pull off makeup and stubborn waterproof mascara without burning or clouding the eyes.
It’s infused with English rose oleo extract, fatty-acid-rich elderberry oil, mimosa waxes, starflower oil, and Optimega oil.
Those effective ingredients help dissolve all impurities and pollutants on the skin while hydrating, nourishing, and calming the skin.
Also, the makeup-removing balm supports the lipid barrier, smooths the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and gives your skin a radiant boost.
Plus, it doesn’t contain harsh ingredients like mineral oils, parabens, or artificial dyes.
So it’s supposed not to irritate the skin or eyes. The pro-collagen balm is expensive but you will need a very little amount of the product to remove all traces of makeup.
According to Allure, the pro-collagen balm is one of the best cleansing balms that are highly recommended.
Furthermore, it works on boosting collagen and maintaining healthy skin due to its antioxidant-rich formula.
Many reviewers with sensitive skin on Amazon love this product and swear by its effectiveness.
To use it, take a pea-sized amount between your hands and warm it then massage over the face and neck, add a little water and wipe away with a cloth.
- Antioxidant-rich oil-based balm.
- Made with English rose extract, starflower oil, elderberry oil, optimega oil, and mimosa waxes.
- Melt all makeup without irritating.
- Remove waterproof mascara without clouding the eyes.
- Soothe, nourish, and smooth the skin.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Strengthen the lipid barrier.
- Boost collagen.
- Highly recommended for sensitive skin.
- Mineral-oil free.
- Artificial dye-free.
- High-end makeup remover.
- Allure, Stylecraze, Glamour, and Refinery29 include this product on best-of lists.
- Has a strong scent.
15- Lacome Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover
This is an award-winning eye makeup remover that is safe for people with sensitive skin and contact lens wearers.
It’s a bi-phase product which means it’s an oil cleanser and makeup remover.
So it’s a two-in-one product that can provide the two steps of the double cleansing method with no need to add another product to your routine.
You will just need to shake the bottle before use to mix oil and water for an effective cleansing experience.
The Lancome Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover can remove long-wear makeup, water-resistant eye makeup, and lash glue with no irritation or sting.
The lipid phase dissolves eye makeup while the water phase has unique emollients that keep skin fresh and clean.
And it will not leave your skin feeling sticky or greasy.
To use it, pour some onto a flat cotton pad after shaking the bottle and hold over closed eyes to dissolve makeup then wipe away your skin gently. Repeat until the cotton pad looks clean.
- Double action eye makeup remover.
- Lift away long-wear makeup, waterproof makeup, and lash glue without stinging or clouding the eye.
- Remove all face makeup.
- Ideal for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers.
- Leave no residue.
- The lipid phase melts makeup effectively.
- The water phase contains emollients to hydrate the skin and leave it soft, clean, and fresh.
- Highly recommended by most Amazon reviewers.
- No irritation or burning.
- Expensive but most reviewers said it’s worth it.
How To Pick A Good Makeup Remover For Sensitive Skin?
Dealing with sensitive skin is not easy, you need to be cautious about the products you’re going to apply to your skin.
To keep your skin healthy and avoid flare-ups, look at the following steps:
The most important thing about any product is its ingredients. as they play a major role in maintaining skin health.
So check the list of ingredients before getting your makeup remover.
Look for gentle calming ingredients like aloe, allantoin, glycerin, vitamin B5, rosemary, and rosewater.
They are gentle on sensitive skin and can help smooth and hydrate the skin.
They will not also sting the delicate area around the eyes. Plus, they aid in lifting away impurities and makeup from the skin.
Go for a makeup remover that is formulated with ceramides, antioxidants, fatty acids, vitamin E, and panthenol to soothe sensitive skin signs like irritation or burning.
They will help also in keeping the skin moisturized, clean, and fresh.
Furthermore, those ingredients work on melting your makeup, dirt, and oil gently.
Avoid Certain Ingredients
Ingredients like dyes, artificial colors, synthetic fragrances, drying alcohols, sulfates, and other harsh chemicals can be the worst.
They can flare up your skin, irritate your eyes and the sensitive area around them, and make your skin dry and sting.
Mineral oils are usually not good for sensitive skin as they can cause irritation and clog your pores.
Look for a makeup remover that contains a mild cleanser like poloxamer to be gentle while cleansing your skin.
Lastly, If you’re allergic to a certain ingredient, avoid any formula that contains this ingredient to keep your skin safe.
Remember that each one’s skin reacts differently to any product or ingredient.
If you can buy an eye makeup remover that is designed specifically to remove water-resistant eye makeup, this would be a good idea.
It will be safer and gentler on the eyes and the sensitive area around your eyes. And it will not irritate or burn your eyes.
But if you can’t afford it, you can just look for a good makeup remover for sensitive skin and eyes and be sure to contain only mild surfactants.
Is Makeup Remover Bad For Your Skin?
Short answer – No. We can’t say makeup removers are bad for your skin.
It depends on your skin type and the ingredients you’re looking for, meaning if you have sensitive skin and you used a makeup remover with harsh ingredients, your skin will flare up.
So what you need to do is to choose the right makeup remover with a gentle formula that can cleanse your skin while leaving it well-hydrated and soft.
A makeup remover that contains alcohol, fragrance, or harsh chemicals can irritate and sting sensitive skin.
A good formula should be hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested, and non-comedogenic to guarantee healthy-looking skin and prevent sensitive skin episodes.
How Can I Remove Makeup Without Harming My Skin?
There are some simple steps that you can follow to cleanse your skin well without irritating it.
- Firstly, pick a makeup remover and facial wash that are crafted for sensitive skin.
- Secondly, Use high-quality flat cotton pads to help lift away all gunk from your skin.
- Pour some makeup remover onto a cotton pad then gently in circular motions wipe away makeup, sunscreen, excess oil, and dirt from your cheeks, forehead, chin, and neck.
- Repeat with a clean cotton pad if needed.
- As for your eye makeup, apply the makeup remover to a clean cotton pad then close your eyes and hold the pads over your lids and lashes for 10-20 seconds.
- After that, move the pads across your eyes slowly. This helps to dissolve all your eye makeup with no need to rub so hard and irritate the sensitive area around your eyes.
- Thirdly, wash your face with a gentle cleanser and follow with a face moisturizer for sensitive skin to lock in moisture and keep the skin feeling soft.
Is Micellar Water Same As Makeup Remover?
Micellar water is a strong product that acts as a makeup remover, cleanser, and toner.
It usually consists of purified water, glycerin or a similar moisturizer, and mild surfactants.
So micellar water can lift away all impurities, restore skin hydration, unclog pores, and tone your skin.
It’s all in one product that can reduce the need for using many skincare products.
Also, it’s typically used with a cleanser, they work together to remove dirt, oil, and makeup effortlessly.
Micellar water contains micelles that allow the facial wash to go deeper and reach deep layers of the skin which helps the cleanser do its job better.
It’s a great option for people with sensitive skin or skin disorders like Rosacea as micellar water doesn’t contain irritating ingredients like alcohols, soaps, or harsh chemicals.
I love the Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water, it cleanses and removes my makeup effortlessly, leaving my skin fresh, smooth, and clean.
I even use it after I exercise or if my face becomes sweaty in the middle of the day to refresh my skin.
I don’t use waterproof makeup products, I don’t know if it can remove them but many reviewers on Amazon said that it can lift them away well.
The Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water doesn’t irritate or sting my super sensitive skin and eyes or flare my rosacea.
Lastly, it’s super affordable and can last for 2-3 months, depending on your usage.
Makeup Removers for sensitive skin can work on dissolving makeup and other gunk from your skin effectively without stinging or irritation.
They also prepare your skin for the next step of the double cleansing method to keep your skin clean and there are no particles left on your skin.
So check the list of the top gentle makeup removers for sensitive skin I’ve rounded up for you above and let me know which one you will pick?
Also, if you already use one, will you recommend it to others?
* Hey Gorgeous! The Nfrw is reader-supported and I may earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from the site.