It’s not easy to find the best facial wash for sensitive skin with acne that can clear up your skin without stripping your skin of its natural oils or irritating it.
I know how hard it can be to have sensitive skin that is prone to acne too. My skin is super sensitive and it develops acne so I know how it feels.
Many people around the world have acne, it’s the most common skin condition in the U.S. that affects over 50 million Americans each year.
Usually, acne starts to develop during puberty but it can also appear in adulthood years for the first time.
Using a good facial wash for sensitive skin with acne can help control oil and keep acne at bay.
Also, it’s the best way to reduce acne flare-ups, heal breakouts, and leave skin looking healthy.
Check out the best acne facial wash for sensitive skin with acne that I curated for you to clear up your skin:
Table of Contents
Top 10 Facial Wash For Sensitive Skin With Acne:
1- CETAPHIL Gentle Skin Cleanser
This Cetaphil cleanser is suitable for cleansing sensitive skin while keeping it well-hydrated.
It’s a gentle cleanser for sensitive skin that you can use every day to wash off dirt, oils, makeup, and other impurities.
So it will help clear up your skin and get rid of ance.
The facial wash comes with non-irritating ingredients that won’t harm your skin or leave your skin feeling tight or dry.
It can help soothe the skin and maintain its healthy barrier.
Also, it’s a non-comedogenic product which means it will not clog your pores.
The Cetaphil cleanser is recommended by dermatologists as it’s clinically tested to prove to be super safe even on the most sensitive skin types.
The coolest pro of this cleanser is you can use it to cleanse your face with water or without water.
To use with water: Take enough quantity of the cleanser on your hands then apply to your skin and massage gently for 1-2 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water to pat dry gently.
To use without water: apply the face wash to your face and massage it evenly all over your face then use a facial cotton pad to wipe away excess oil, makeup, and dirt. Repeat if necessary.
- Keep skin soft, supple, and nourished.
- Fragrance-free so it won’t irritate your skin.
- Soothing ingredients.
- Safe to use twice a day.
- Can be used with or without water.
- Ideal for people with dry and sensitive skin.
- Suitable for those with skin disorders like acne, eczema, or rosacea.
- Easy to hold.
- Comes in two sizes 125ml & 250ml.
- The first dermatologist-recommended facial wash.
- Sulfate-free and non-comedogenic.
- Balance the pH level.
- Not suitable for people with super oily skin.
- Contain paraben.
2- Christina Moss Organic Facial Wash
This is a natural facial wash that suits people with sensitive skin perfectly.
It doesn’t contain chemical preservations, SLS, SLES, sulfates, paraben, dyes, or synthetic fragrances.
This helps keep the pores clean and remove all impurities without drying or stripping your skin of its natural oils.
The original face wash has Aloe Vera which is known for having many benefits for the skin.
It has anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties which will help to get rid of acne.
Plus, Aloe Vera soothes irritation and redness and keeps the skin moisturized.
The facial wash contains also shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, and rosemary essential oil to hydrate the skin, balance oil control, and fight bacteria.
It can remove all makeup including waterproof mascara and foundation in addition to leaving skin feeling soft and clean without drying it out.
An Amazon reviewer who has super sensitive skin mentioned that the cleanser doesn’t irritate her skin, reduces acne significantly, and has a great smell.
- The ingredients are derived from natural sources.
- Doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals.
- Organic ingredients have many benefits for sensitive skin.
- A concentrated face wash that deeply cleanses the skin.
- Leave your skin looking healthy and well-hydrated.
- Help keep acne at bay.
- Has a nice smell.
- Environmentally friendly (BPA free).
- Cruelty-free product.
- A bit expensive.
- It contains rosemary essential oil that may irritate the skin. It’s formulated to suit all skin types but as you know each skin reacts differently to skincare products.
3- Neogen Facial Foam Cleanser
Another good face wash for sensitive skin with acne for daily use that can gently cleanse the skin without irritation.
It’s made with a hypoallergenic formula that contains 99 natural ingredients to soothe and moisturize your sensitive skin well.
Also, the foam cleanser has fermented green tea leaves that help brighten, calm, and revitalize the skin.
Green tea has antioxidant properties to maintain healthy clear skin.
Plus, it doesn’t contain harmful ingredients that could cause painful symptoms to your skin.
It can easily remove makeup, build-ups, wastes, and dirt while leaving your skin fresher and smoother.
Furthermore, it’s formulated to unclog pores and keep them clear which means your skin will not break out again.
- Free of harmful ingredients.
- 100% real fruit and real fruit juice.
- Completed 7 clinical tests.
- Combined with 99 ingredients derived from natural sources.
- Effective yet soothing foam cleanser.
- Eco-conscious ingredients.
- Smells nice.
- Bubbly foam cleanser washes off all impurities.
- Will not strip your skin of its natural oils.
- Clear up pores which helps reduce acne remarkably.
- Huge ingredient list.
- Could be a bit pricey for some people.
4- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne and Redness Facial Cleanser
The best acne facial wash for sensitive skin can visibly reduce redness and irritation.
This facial wash is formulated with aloe vera and chamomile that have many benefits for sensitive skin.
They can soothe irritation, keep facial redness at bay, and leave the skin clear and clean.
Also, it contains salicylic acid combined with MicroClear Technology to promote the delivery of salicylic acid and make it do its job effectively.
The MicroClear Technology is made up of three active ingredients that team up to make the acid work deep within the skin’s pores to fight acne.
This technology makes getting rid of acne easier and faster. Also, using the cleanser helps you remove excess oil, dirt, and makeup without tightening or drying the skin.
Additionally, The Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne and Redness Facial Cleanser is developed especially for acne-prone skin with soothing ingredients to treat different types of acne while keeping skin calm and nourished.
- Soothe irritated skin.
- Reduce redness.
- Gentle on the skin.
- Deep cleansing the skin.
- Come with the MicroClear Technology to guarantee effectiveness.
- Target all types of acne and treat them quickly.
- Easy to use.
- It has a scent that may irritate the skin.
5- First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser For Sensitive Skin
Sulfate-free fragrance-free gentle cleanser for sensitive skin that is super effective in removing build-ups, dust, and grime besides leaving skin soft and fresh.
It’s infused with a botanical antioxidant blend which aids in protecting the skin barrier and eliminating inflammation and irritation.
Also, the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser contains soothing ingredients like Aloe, Glycerin, and Allantoin to increase softness and reduce sensitive-skin-irritating symptoms.
the cleanser works on balancing the pH level and this leads to healthy calm skin without flare-ups.
All those ingredients unclog your pores, kill bacteria, and leave the skin clear with no acne.
- Suitable for extremely sensitive skin that develops acne.
- Hypoallergenic formula.
- Contain soothing ingredients.
- Formulated with botanical antioxidants.
- Restore skin hydration.
- Cleanse the skin well without drying it out.
- Help prevent breakout from forming.
- Reduce and treat redness on the face.
- Sulfate-free, paraben-free, and fragrance-free.
- Doesn’t contain harsh ingredients.
- Vegan, cruelty-free product.
- Tested and proved with dermatologists.
- It’s a kinda expensive facial wash that’s because it’s made with high-quality natural ingredients that make it a better natural facial wash for sensitive skin than other cheaper competitor products.
6- Hada Labo Tokyo Gentle Hydrating Foaming Facial Cleanser
Hada Labo presents a gentle hydrating cleanser that benefits acne-prone skin types.
This facial wash can give your skin what it needs to feel fresh and healthy.
It’s a creamy foaming cleanser that removes excess oil, dirt, and grime while maintaining its moisture.
It contains glycerin and three kinds of hyaluronic acid to cleanse the skin well.
Also, the cleanser is free of all the irritating ingredients like paraben, alcohol, sulfates, and fragrance that can harm your sensitive skin.
Lastly, the Hada Labo cleanser is very concentrated so you will only need a pea-size amount to cleanse your entire face. Massage your skin gently in circular motions then rinse and pat dry.
- Gentle yet effective cleanser.
- Does not contain paraben, alcohol, dyes, soap, or mineral oils.
- Contain hyaluronic acid.
- Cleanse sensitive skin effectively leaving no residue while soothing it.
- Lock in moisture and give your skin silky-smooth touch.
- Concentrated formula.
- A bit pricey for its size.
7- Aveeno Facial Wash For Sensitive Skin With Acne
This is the most affordable facial wash for sensitive skin with acne that works effectively.
The Aveeno ultra-calming facial wash can cleanse oil, makeup, and dirt without aggravating the most sensitive skin.
It can calm redness, ease irritation, and soothe other sensitive dry skin symptoms.
Also, Its formula is free of harsh ingredients as it contains calm Feverfew extract that works great with sensitive skin & keeps it healthy.
Many Amazon reviewers with acne-prone sensitive skin recommend adding it to your skincare routine as it keeps their skin look fresh, clean, and free of acne.
Furthermore, the Aveeno products have been approved and recommended by dermatologists for more than 60 years.
They offer an ultra-calming collection for sensitive skin to soothe the skin and make it glow up.
- Ultra-calming formula.
- Contain Feverfew extract, a soothing ingredient that is related to chamomile to maintain healthy calm sensitive skin.
- Reduce the appearance of redness.
- Soothe dry sensitive skin.
- Easy to use.
- It’s a light cleanser so you may need some extra pumps to cleanse your face well.
8- SRB Rice Bran Enzyme Powder Face Wash
The SRB Rice Bran Enzyme Powder Face Wash is ideal for people with sensitive skin as it doesn’t contain irritating preservatives that can irritate the skin.
The facial wash contains at least 50 different kinds of antioxidants, nutrients, and enzymes derived from rice germ and rice bran.
It comes with an interesting pro, this powder cleanser doesn’t contain water as the presence of water makes bacteria grow easily.
To avoid this problem, regular face cleansers add to the formula what slows the process.
So that’s a win as there’s an ingredient you don’t have to apply to your face with this cleanser as you know the fewer complex ingredients, the better.
Rice has anti-inflammatory agents, a study from Brussels university showed rice water can help reduce skin damage by 20%.
Rice water has many benefits for the skin as it can tighten the skin, stimulate blood flow, unclog pores, and stimulate new cell growth.
Also, the powder cleanser exfoliates the skin gently and lifts away dead & built-up skin, dirt, and excess oil. And it contains papaya extract that helps remove debris and gunk.
So it can wash away all impurities from sensitive skin and reduce acne without irritation.
Additionally, its hypoallergenic formula makes it a perfect skincare product for sensitive skin.
An Amazon reviewer mentioned that the cleanser helps her get rid of acne and leaves her sensitive skin extremely soft.
To use it: apply the powder with your damp palms to your face and it will turn into a light foam that can wipe away all impurities and keep skin healthy.
- Hypoallergenic formula.
- Contain 50 kinds of natural antioxidants.
- Has 8 kinds of enzymes such as folic acid, B vitamins, biotin, and phytic acid.
- Cleanse the skin deeply with a mild exfoliant.
- Has anti-inflammatory agents.
- Soothe the skin.
- Papaya extract works on washing away all gunk on your face.
- Remove waste in pores, leaving them clear and unclogged.
- Retain moisture and remove dead skin.
- Brighten the skin.
- It’s a lot more expensive than other cleansers but we can say it’s worth every penny due to the high-quality ingredients that improve skin complexion and keep it healthy and clear.
9- REN Clean Skincare Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel
REN Cleansing facial gel is formulated specially to leave skin deep-cleansed and comfortable without irritation.
It’s developed to soothe skin prone to redness and dryness. The facial wash is capable of balancing the skin’s pH and reducing acne without stripping your skin.
Plus, it can wipe away every bit of dirt, excess sebum, and makeup perfectly.
Also, it contains Coco-Glucoside which is a skin-friendly surfactant derived from coconut that can mild cleanse and soothe the skin. And it has beta-glucan that has soothing properties.
The cleanser is enriched with probiotics to support the skin barrier.
Furthermore, the product has a light gel texture that melts away all impurities while leaving your skin feeling great.
This makes it a great facial wash for sensitive skin with acne.
To use it: Apply to your face and use your damp hands to massage the cleanser into your skin then rinse with lukewarm water and gently pat dry.
You can use it as a part of your morning routine or your double cleansing routine at night.
- Gentle Cleanser is proven to soothe the signs of sensitive skin.
- Wipe away all impurities without drying.
- Rebalance skin’s natural microbiome.
- Clear redness, irritation, itching, and tightness.
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
- 100% recyclable packaging.
- The product has a perfume that could be not suitable for some people with sensitive skin. However, if you checked the reviews on Amazon, you will find many people with sensitive skin recommend using it.
10- Avene Xercalm A.D Ultra-Rich Cleansing Bar
I love Avene skincare products and I always recommend them to anyone with sensitive skin, they help soothe signs of sensitivity while hydrating my skin.
The ultra-rich cleansing bar calms irritating and itching sensations and protects the skin against dryness.
Also, it aids in maintaining the skin’s microbiome and restores the skin’s protective barrier.
In Avene, They held a post-marketing study, they found that using the Xercalm A.D ultra-rich cleansing bar twice a day helped 9 of 10 patients reduce flare-ups after 15 days of application.
Another study showed that itching sensations disappeared in patients who used the cleansing bar 1-2 times a day for 7 days.
The product is free of all the ingredients that can irritate sensitive skin.
It’s gentle on the skin as it’s formulated with beeswax, pharmaceutical-grade mineral oil, and Avene thermal spring water.
Those ingredients nourish, soothe, and moisturize dry areas on the skin effectively. Plus, the cleansing bar is non-comedogenic so it will leave your pores clear.
- Suitable for most sensitive skin.
- Soothe itching and irritation.
- Reduce dryness.
- Keep the skin hydrated.
- Support the skin barrier.
- Non-comedogenic formula to help you get rid of acne.
- Paraben-free & Wheat-free.
- The Avene Xercalm A.D Ultra-Rich Cleansing Bar is considered small & doesn’t last long for some people.
Which Ingredients To Look For In A Facial Wash For Sensitive Skin With Acne?
Using skin-care products that contain soothing ingredients is the best thing you can do for your sensitive skin.
Those soothing ingredients can help calm signs of sensitivity, nourish your skin, and keep it healthy.
We usually look for the least intense and harsh facial wash that can fight acne without harming the skin.
The thing is anti-acne ingredients have to be a bit harsh to clear pores and reduce acne, adding calming ingredients to the product help ward off potential signs of irritation.
Soothing ingredients include chamomile, aloe vera, or papaya. They’re tested and proven to reduce sensitive skin painful symptoms like irritation, redness, itching, and dryness.
Salicylic acid is an effective acne-fighter that can unblock pores if used frequently.
It can help you get rid of blackheads and whiteheads that develop acne. It’s ideal for sensitive skin to keep it clear and look healthy without irritation.
Skincare products that contain Salicylic acid don’t irritate my super sensitive skin or worsen my Rosacea.
As I mentioned earlier I have super acne-prone sensitive skin and Rosacea and this is not easy to handle. To avoid sudden flare-ups, irritation, itching, or redness, I tend to use the most soothing skincare products on the market.
And I don’t use too many skincare products as you know with sensitive skin the less is the better.
The best face wash I found perfect for my skin is Avene Xercalm A.D Ultra-Rich Cleansing Bar or Avene Cold Cream Ultra-Rich Cleansing Bar.
The Avene Cleansing Bar helps keep my skin hydrated and keep my pores clear. It doesn’t irritate my skin and it reduces redness significantly. Also, it’s not a small bar as it can last for 3-4 months.
I use it along with the Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water for my double cleansing routine at night. They leave my skin feeling fresh and clean without irritation.
Also, they help hydrate and nourish my skin which makes me feel satisfied.
Searching for the best facial wash for sensitive skin with acne can take some time as you need a product that can unclog pores while keeping your skin healthy and moisturized.
Sensitive skin that develops acne needs extra care to feel healthy and look better as it can easily get irritated and flaky.
To avoid those sensitivity issues, you should cleanse your skin twice a day well with a good facial cleanser that is made especially for sensitive skin.
Check the top cleansers for sensitive skin that I included above and let me know which one you are going to try?
* Hey Gorgeous! The Nfrw is reader-supported and I may earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from the site.