DIY makeup remover recipes are super easy, simple, and affordable. All of the DIY makeup remover recipes I brought today are natural and keep your face moisturized.
Women usually love to wear makeup, some blusher, lipstick, and mascara won’t hurt but wearing makeup all day and night is not good for your skin. Also, it’s unhealthy to sleep with your makeup on, you should always remove your makeup before bed to keep your skin clear and clean.
Leaving makeup on your face during sleep can cause serious skin problems like acne, pores, and breakouts.
Another disadvantage of not removing makeup before bed is to create an unhealthy environment to your skin which leads collagen and elastin to break down and causes wrinkles.
Also, don’t forget to clean your makeup brushes frequently to avoid any kind of skin problem. Dirty makeup brushes can also cause serious damage to your skin.
Wearing makeup every day means using makeup remover daily which is going to cost you a lot of money but you can make your own natural makeup remover instead and save your money.
Some commercial makeup removers contain components that can ruin your face especially if you use it every day so you should make a DIY makeup remover to control what you’re going to apply on your face. Also, use ingredients that smooth, hydrate, and nourish your skin.
Before using a natural makeup remover, you should also use makeup products that contain natural ingredients to make sure that you are taking good care of your skin.
So here are 7 natural and simple DIY makeup remover recipes you can easily make :
1- Jojoba Oil And Witch Hazel
- Jojoba Oil keeps your skin clear and clean due to its antibacterial properties. It also improves the look of the skin and helps smooth fine lines and wrinkles due to its antioxidant properties. Jojoba oil suits a wide range of skin types as it brings balance to your skin.
- Witch Hazel reduces inflammation and prevents acne. It acts also as an astringent which helps soften your skin and shrink pores.
- Water to keep your skin hydrated.
- A jar with Lid.
2- Olive Oil, Baby Shampoo, And Water
- Baby Shampoo to gently clean your face.
- Olive Oil moisturizes your skin. It contains vitamins A, E, D, and K and acts as an antioxidant which keeps your body from producing free radicals. It also can remove waterproof mascara.
- Water to hydrate your face.
- A jar With Lid.
3- Almond Oil, Witch Hazel, Carrot Seed Oil, And Water
- 2 tbsp. Almond oil.
- 4 tbsp. Witch hazel.
- 2 tbsp. Water.
- 6 drops of your choice of essential oil ( we recommend carrot seed oil ).
- Clean container.
Mix the ingredients together well in a small container then apply the mixture to a cotton pad. Use the cotton pad to remove makeup.
- Almond Oil contains vitamin A which helps prevent future acne and vitamin E which protects your skin from UV radiation damage. Also, It smooths and softens your skin. Sweet almond oil dislodges debris and dirt from skin pores.
- Witch Hazel prevents acne due to its antibacterial properties. It also reduces inflammation, soothes your skin, and removes excess oil from the skin.
- Carrot Seed Oil can help reduce wrinkles, minimize large pores, and tighten the skin. It’s also rich in vitamin E which nourishes the skin and vitamin C which protects your skin.
4- DIY Makeup Remover Wipes
- Baby Oil to help remove makeup smoothly.
- Tear Free Baby Shampoo to cleanse your skin gently.
- Water to keep your face fresh and clean. It also reduces breakouts and acne.
- Large Cotton Pads.
- Mason Jar.
5- Coconut Makeup Remover
- 4 tbsp. Coconut oil.
- 4 tbsp. Almond oil.
- 6 drops Rosehip oil.
- Clean container.
Mix the ingredients well in a clean small container then dip a cotton pad in the mixture. Wipe you face gently to remove makeup.
- Coconut Oil cleanses and moisturizes the skin. It contains fatty acids so coconut reduces inflammation. Because of its antioxidant properties, it protects and heals the skin.
- Almond Oil softens and moisturizes your face. It also reduces acne and renews the cells of your face.
- Rosehip Oil can cleanse clogged pores and hydrate your skin. It helps remove excess oil and promote the production of new skin cells. Also, it reduces the appearance of fine lines.
6- Rose Water, Aloe Vera Gel, And Almond Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Of Rose Water.
- 1 Tablespoon Of Aloe Vera Gel.
- 1 Teaspoon Of Almond Oil.
Mix the ingredients together, use a cotton pad and wipe off your makeup gently.
- Rose Water protects the skin cells from damage because of the antioxidants in it. It soothes the skin, reduces redness and irritation as rose water has anti-inflammatory properties. Also, it keeps the skin hydrated and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Aloe Vera reduces skin inflammation and itchiness due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Because it has antibacterial properties, aloe vera reduces acne and treats pimples. Aloe vera can moisturize and soften the skin without clogging pores. Another amazing benefit of aloe vera is its ability to fight the signs of skin aging.
- Almond Oil keeps skin cells healthy, soothes and softens the skin. It also protects the skin from UV radiation damage.
7- DIY Makeup Remover Pads
- Coconut Oil keeps the skin hydrated. It can repair and heal the skin due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Coconut oil also fights the signs of skin aging.
- Tear Free Baby Wash to smoothly clean your face.
- Purified Water
- Round Cotton Pads.
- A Jar With Lid
- Store the jar in a dry, cool place.
- Keep in mind to test any makeup remover on a small part of your skin first to make sure you aren’t allergic to any ingredient of the recipe.