Permanent makeup can make your day easier, save time, and add a natural pop of color to your face. Different forms of permanent makeup include permanent eyeliner, microblading, permanent lip liner, lip blush, and permanent foundation.
A permanent foundation is the latest form of permanent makeup that many women wanna get to make their skin look glowing and radiant and even out their skin tone.
But it’s just like anything else, permanent foundation makeup has its pros and its cons that you must be aware of before getting it.
In this article, I will include the benefits of getting a BB Glow semi-permanent foundation, how the procedure is done, the cons of the procedure, the cost, how long it lasts, and more FAQs.
What Is A Permanent Foundation Makeup?
A permanent face foundation is a cosmetic method that is also known as BB Glow semi-permanent foundation or semi-permanent BB cream.
It’s a short-term makeup treatment that smooths out skin imperfections, keeps the skin even, blurs acne scars, and hides blemishes.
This method originated in Korea. And the formula is organic and doesn’t contain chemicals that could harm the skin.
Actually, it’s a nutrient-rich formula that contains vitamins and antioxidants in it to nourish your skin and provide light to medium coverage.
After this treatment, you won’t have to get up 2 hours early to wear makeup and you will definitely get to work on time.
How Is The Procedure Done?
The procedure is performed by using a micro-needling device that implements organic formula (makeup particles) into the topmost layers of the epidermis.
There are 3 shades of this organic formula or serum to suit each skin type and those three serums can also be combined to achieve the perfect look you’re looking for.
You can discuss all this with the artist before the procedure so he/she would know what you really need.
You may think this method is painful but it’s not. Microneedling increases blood flow in the skin which will help stimulate new cell generation and promote the production of collagen and elastin.
You will need 3 sessions and there should be 10 days off between each session.
After the procedure, you will need to protect your skin from the sun for at least two weeks. So, Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to your face before going out, especially in the summer.
Permanent foundation makeup can last for one year or maybe more if you followed the artist’s recommendations.
What Are The Pros Of Getting A Permanent Foundation?
- It will save you time as you don’t have to wake up 1-2 hours early to wear makeup.
- You will wake up every day with an even complexion.
- You won’t have to buy expensive foundations or blenders for a year or so.
- It doesn’t cause pain.
- You don’t have to reapply after taking a shower or working out.
- It doesn’t dissolve like a regular foundation.
- Organic formula.
- Rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
- Nourish the skin.
- Hide acne scars.
- Blur skin imperfections.
- Conceal blemishes.
- Promote blood flow in the face.
- Increase collagen and elastin production.
- Reduce the appearance of freckles.
- Improve skin appearance.
- Eliminate the appearance of redness and broken capillaries. It may suit people with rosacea but it’s recommended to consult your dermatologist first.
- Help you achieve the no-makeup makeup look.
- Provide light to medium coverage.
- Prevent cakey texture.
- No need for numbing cream.
What Are The Cons Of Getting A Permanent Foundation?
- The permanent foundation makeup serum is not formulated in the USA. The formula comes from Moscow.
- The formula is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) till now.
- There is no pigment for people with dark skin tones.
- The pigment contains titanium dioxide and other makeup particles that may interact with the skin. You may experience redness, swelling, pain, scarring, discoloration, infections, or bruising after the procedure.
- You may also experience rashes, bumps, or inflammatory reactions to the ink years later.
- Titanium dioxide is known to turn black or blue when exposed to lasers which could lead to permanent discoloration.
- Plus, some particles of titanium dioxide could remain in the skin for a long time without fading which could affect your skin health.
- If you have eczema or psoriasis, check with your dermatologist before the procedure.
- If you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking hormonal medications, avoid this treatment.
- After the procedure, you will experience redness and dryness for a few days as part of the healing process then your skin will feel better and start to glow.
So it’s highly recommended to talk to a dermatologist before attempting a semi-permanent foundation procedure.
How Long Does Permanent Foundation Last?
A permanent foundation doesn’t last forever like other permanent makeup methods, it can last 1-3 years.
How Much Does Permanent Foundation Cost?
The cost of a permanent foundation depends on the salon you go to and the artist who performs the procedure. So on average, the price ranges from $100-$550.
Is BB Glow Like Tattoo?
Yes. You can consider BB Glow like tattoo as the procedure performed by using microneedles that implement organic formula into the skin that can hide skin imperfections and make it look healthy and glowing.
Is BB Glow Painful?
The BB Glow procedure is not painful. The artist uses advanced technology that treats your skin with microneedles and gives your skin a natural glow.
If you consider getting a semi-permanent BB cream, I think now you have a full idea about this treatment so you can decide whether to get it or not. Right? Let me know in the comments down below what you think!