Lip oils nourish and moisturize lips and also leave them glossy and light-tinted. Those lip oils are a 2-in-1 product that can be used as a lip balm and lip gloss.
The great news is that you can make lip oil easily at home with affordable and healthy ingredients. This will save you a lot of money and help you add it safely to your lip care routine.
In this article, I will share with you the top recipes on how to make lip oil at home, what lip oil is, how to use it, how often you should use it, and more FAQs.
Table of Contents
How To Make Lip Oil Easily?
DIY Lip Oil: Recipe No.1:
What You Will Need:
- A roller glass bottle for storage.
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable glycerin (thickening agent).
- 3-5 drops of vitamin E oil.
- Combine the ingredients well in a clean and sanitized container then pour the mixture into the roller glass bottle using a dropper.
- Shake the product well before use to mix the ingredients as they tend to separate.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- You don’t need to use preservatives as the recipe doesn’t contain water, which causes bacteria growth. It contains glycerin and vitamin E oil that work as natural preservatives. The mixture can last up to 1-2 months.
This recipe will soften and nourish your lips effortlessly. It’s full of antioxidants and vitamins and has anti-inflammatory properties that will help renew the skin, protect it against damage, unclog pores, and boost hydration.
Plus, the ingredients can help soothe irritation and wounds and lock in moisture.
What You Will Need:
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil.
- 2 tablespoons honey (thickening agent).
- 3-5 drops of lavender essential oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon beetroot powder for a hint of color.
- A roller glass bottle.
- Mix all the ingredients well in a small and clean container then pour them into a clean roller glass bottle for easy application.
- Shake well before use.
- Store in a cool place.
- No need for preservatives as lavender essential oil works as a natural preservative.
This DIY lip oil recipe contains fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. So, it will moisturize your lips, prevent dryness and skin damage, heal irritation, and protect against free radical damage. Plus, the beetroot powder will provide a shiny and light-tinted finish.
You can also add food coloring instead of beetroot powder to your recipe to create the shade you like.
Wondering how to make lip oil with coconut oil? Here’s What You Will Need:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- 1 tablespoon beeswax pastilles.
- 3-5 drops of peppermint or geranium essential oil.
- A roller glass bottle.
- Add the beeswax and coconut oil to a clean container and put them in the microwave for one minute.
- Stir until the ingredients are well combined.
- Then add the essential oil and mix them all together.
- Pour the mixture into the roller glass bottle.
- Shake before use.
- Store in a clean and dry place.
- peppermint oil and beeswax work as natural preservatives.
Those ingredients will keep your lips soft and conditioned all day. Plus, they can scrub lips and shed dead skin cells while smoothening and nourishing your lips.
Also, this recipe helps soothe stinging and irritation, promote blood circulation, and give your lips a plumpy effect.
What Is Lip Oil?
Lip oil is a trendy beauty product designed to keep your lips soft and moisturized while giving them a subtle shiny finish.
It has a more liquid consistency than lip gloss or lip balm, which helps provide intense moisture.
Usually, It’s formulated with natural moisturizing oils like coconut oil, avocado oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, or argan oil so they can deeply nourish your lips and give you long-lasting results.
Lip oil may also contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and this will help maximize the benefits and boost your lips’ appearance.
You can make your own at home with natural ingredients or get one online quickly.
How To Use Lip Oil?
Shake the roller glass bottle before use as the ingredients tend to separate. Then, apply the product to your lips evenly to prevent dryness and boost hydration.
Reapply this treatment every couple of hours to guarantee the best results. It’s recommended also to use after lip scrub/mask to lock in moisture.
How Often Should You Use Lip Oil?
If you have dry chapped lips, apply your lip oil every few hours or as needed to combat dryness and leave your lips shiny and smooth.
Why Should You Use Lip Oil?
Lip oil is such a great mix between lip gloss and lip balm, meaning, it’s a multi-purpose product that helps boost moisture and also provides a sheer tint. So, it will save you money while giving you the best results.
What Is 3 Ingredient Lip Oil?
How to make lip oil at home easily? Here’s what you need:
– 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, jojoba oil, or sweet almond oil.
– 1 tablespoon beeswax pastilles.
– 3-5 drops of organic rosewater or peppermint essential oil.
Mix the ingredients well then pour it into a roller glass then it’s ready for use!
What Oil Makes Your Lips Soft?
– Coconut oil.
– Sweet almond oil.
– Avocado oil.
– Jojoba oil.
– Argan oil.
Those oils work on moisturizing dry lips, improving lips’ health, promoting cell turnover, and leaving them soft and glossy.
What Is The Difference Between Lip Gloss And Lip Oil?
Lip Gloss is a cosmetic product that has a gel-like or liquid consistency and It adds shine and a glossy finish to your lips. But lip glosses don’t usually provide long-lasting hydration or protection to your lips.
Lip Oil is a trendy beauty product that provides intense moisture and a clear or glossy finish. It contains moisturizing ingredients that penetrate the skin deeply, which helps keep lips soft for hours and prevent dryness.
Make sure to do a patch test before using the recipe to avoid allergic reactions. If you’re already allergic to an ingredient in the recipe, skip this recipe and try another one. Or replace the ingredient with another one your skin can tolerate.
Featured Image Source: pexels.com/@youssef-labib-92809001/