First of all, low cholesterol food maintains your health and make your life better. To avoid heart and cardiovascular diseases you should eat low cholesterol food more.
Our body produces cholesterol naturally, according to the American Heart Association human body produces its need for cholesterol and circulates it through the bloodstream.
When cholesterol gets out of balance, plaque buildup in the artery walls which leads to heart attack, stroke or heart diseases.
Low cholesterol food is full of different choices and flavorful food. Also, you can add herbs, spices,
Age, heredity, and smoking contribute to cholesterol levels so eat healthy food, maintain your body weight, and exercise are the best factors that help you to keep cholesterol levels under control.
Food To Eat – Low Cholesterol Food
Vegetables And Fruits
Fruits and Vegetables are rich in fiber which helps lower cholesterol levels and eliminate absorption of Low-Density Lipoprotein ( bad cholesterol).
- Eggplant contains soluble fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and Chlorogenic Acid also which has been shown to decrease LDL cholesterol.
- Apples are a great source of soluble fiber, polyphenols, and phytosterols which can help lower cholesterol levels and keep the heart strong
- Broccoli has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can contribute to heart health.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene that helps lower the level of LDL cholesterol.
- Avocado is rich in vitamins, fiber, and monounsaturated fatty acids that block cholesterol absorption in the body. Studies have been shown that avocados have the ability to lower LDL cholesterol by up to 22% and increase HDL “good cholesterol” by up to 11%.
- Beets reduce high cholesterol levels so consider adding beetroot juice to your diet.
Grains contain soluble fiber which can reduce the absorption of cholesterol into your bloodstream. Also, lower the risk of heart disease or stroke.
Such as :
- Oats and oat bran.
- Whole grain pasta and Brown rice.
- Whole grain cereals are also great.
Nuts And Fish
Fish and Nuts have a high level of omega 3 fatty acids that help lower cholesterol.
Nuts also contain no cholesterol at all so regard them as the perfect snack for you.
- Walnuts and Almonds can improve blood cholesterol and reduce the risk of a heart attack.
The American Heart Association recommends eating fish twice a week at least.
High levels of omega 3 fatty acids are found in Salmon, Tuna, and Mackerel as well.
Meat And Poultry
- Skinless Chicken and Turkey breasts.
- Egg whites or egg substitutes.
- Beef: choose lean cuts of sirloin.
Eat more heart-healthy food such as soy protein.
Choose low fat or nonfat products such
- Nonfat or reduced-fat Cheese.
- Skimmed Milk.
- Low fat or nonfat Buttermilk.
- Nonfat Yogurt.
You can always have almond milk or soy milk instead.
Another great source of fiber and protein too.
- Soybeans reduce the production of new cholesterol. Consuming also 25 grams of soy protein daily can lower high cholesterol.
Use olive oil, canola oil, soybean oil, or safflower oil instead of butter because those oils are rich in antioxidants and monounsaturated fats that lower LDL cholesterol.
Food To Avoid
Finally, here is some food you should avoid to maintain your health :
- Fried Food
- Egg Yolk
- Whole Milk and Cream
- Baked Goods ( cookies, cakes, and donuts )
- Soft Drinks
- Processed Meat, and